Late to the party, as usual! :)My name is Thu Ngo, and I'm wrapping up my second year at Milpitas High School. I taught freshman English this year (isn't it weird to be talking in past tense??? I can't believe it's summer!), and will be teaching freshmen and sophomores next year. I'm also the advisor for the class of 2011, and that takes up a fairly large amount of my time (but I completely love it). You can tell I spend way too much time around teenagers when the only photo I have to show you is a self-posed Myspace photo.
I grew up in the Bay Area and spent a good portion of my life in private school. I graduated from Notre Dame High School in San Jose in 2001 and promptly moved to Portland, OR to attend Lewis & Clark College, where I majored in English, with an emphasis on 19th-century Brit lit. I graduated in three years, and then moved ALL the way down the coast to attend UC Irvine to get my Master's in English. Finally I settled back at home to get my teaching credential from Santa Clara University. I student-taught at MHS, and I haven't left since.
Things you should know about me:
- I'm quite shy in person.
- However, I have five tattoos and lots of piercings that I'm not that shy about showing.
- I'm a music snob. (My three great passions are Radiohead, Elliott Smith, and John Lennon.)
- I'm a bit of a movie snob, but not nearly as much as Michael Cummins.
- I love the San Francisco Giants, for better or for worse. I occasionally follow the A's.
- I'm an avid knitter, as if to contrast with my tech-iness. (If you've ever wanted to learn how to knit, I can totally teach you!) I'm part of that new wave of punk/indie knitters. That said, yes, I can crochet a granny square. Blog: http://web.mac.com/thungo
- I'm a literature geek. Austen is my hero.
- I wish I could call myself a runner, but I'm really a runner-slash-hobbler. I am, however, training for my first marathon in October through San Jose Fit.
- Oh... In case you couldn't tell, I'm a major Mac supporter. I can't live without my Macbook.
I'm looking forward to an awesome three weeks with KCI! I am working with Michael and Frank Castro on a collaborative project to span our respective grade levels and subject areas.
4 comments:
Great to have you on board. You have to sit between Mike and me to keep the decorum up for the summer!
Thu! Good to hear you're in. Let's carpool!
Nice to meet a fellow Austen fan. You'll have to teach me all about the MacBook - I'm a new convert to the Apple side of life.
Hi Thu,
You have such a variety of interests! Wish I could knit!
Post a Comment