Greetings! My name is Lisa and I am an English teacher and the Student Activities Director at Gunn High School. I am just finishing my third year at Gunn and although my job is crazy sometimes, I love what I do! Prior to teaching, I worked for fifteen years with the YMCA running summer camps, teen clubs and family programs, and it's great to have a job where I can utilize skills learned from my previous career in my current one.
When I'm not at school I do a bit of traveling with my husband, who is also a teacher (We will be taking several of his students on an annual trip to Japan in just a few days). Later this summer we will be heading to Germany for the first time to attend the European Juggling Convention. Yes...my other hobby is that I juggle. Go figure. =) Besides that I hope to catch up on my reading and movie going, spend some time with our three cats, and generally enjoy the break. I'm also looking forward to this program and expanding my skills in technology as well as collaborating with all of you!
4 comments:
You will have to juggle for us sometime during the next three weeks! That German convention sounds like fun!
hey, lisa! it's great to see that there are 3 of us from gunn taking advantage of this great opportunity. i'll most likely be seeing you tomorrow!
Hi Lisa,
What an interesting hobby! Wonder what a juggler's convention is like?!
Hey Lisa! I am so excited!I love being the student for once! I can't wait to hear about Josh's wedding too. I had shows all weekend and couldn't go. I bet it was awesome!
See you very soon!
Billy
Post a Comment