Friday, April 25, 2008

Frank Castro

Hi, I'm really excited about the opportunity to grow as a techie this summer and throughout the next year. I've always enjoyed working with technology but I've felt that I was nothing more than a novice. I look forward to all the cool stuff we're gonna learn and how it will make our experience as teachers so much more rewarding.

I grew up in San Jose and went to Liberty Baptist High School and have two degrees from San Jose State. I've taught Social Studies at Milpitas High School for the last 13 years. I teach Economics and Cultural History. Next year, I'll be teaching a new class on Personal Finance. I'm very excited about this! I finally get to put my Business degree to use. I coach basketball at Rancho Middle School also in Milpitas. I consider this to be the dessert of what I do. Coaching is why I got into teaching.


I've been married for 14 years and have two kids, a dog and two cats. Needless to say I'm very busy. My wife Renee and I are constantly about the business of parenting whether that be softball for Maria or play dates for Frankie. At the moment our family is engrossed in my daughter's softball season. This is her first year and she's having a blast. I help coach and have found this to be most gratifying. My interests are few but very intense. I've been a Giants season ticket holder for over 20 years. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love the Giants. I am a sports junky, I root for the local teams whether it be college or pro. I listen to KNBR constantly and I've been known to call in on occasion. I love sci-fi (BSG, Star Trek, etc.) I am involved in my church and try to live the Christian lifestyle as best as I can. I am looking forward to meeting you all, it should be a lot of fun.

3 comments:

snowroses said...

Hello teachers, hope you'll have fun at the KCI

Dave Moore said...

Viva los gigantes! But send Zito down to AAA...

Gayle said...

Hello Frank,
Love the picture of your family!