Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Jonathan Greathouse

Hello all.

I am the tall one in the hat.  The boy with the rocket is my five year old son Aidan.  I made bottle rockets that he and his friends decorated for his birthdaty party last weekend.  It was a blast:) Elias, my second son is 21 months and thinks he is 13.  My wife is a Social Science teacher in Fremont.  She just completed her masters program and is waiting to find out the status of her National Board Certification.  She has doubts...   I do not.  She is the most intelligent person I know and my personal hero.  Oh, and we have a crested gecko named Go-Go. 


I teach science at Azevada Elementary School in Fremont.  I serve 450 students in grades 1-6.  I also teach two classes of SDC science.  Just wrapped up my seventh year of teaching today! Oh Yeah! In addition to teaching this year, I acted as mentor teacher to two other science teachers through my districts induction program, BTSA.  Participating in the BTSA program has opened up many leadership opportunities for me.   I was asked to teach new science teachers in a staff development inservice last summer.  In  addition, I was hired by my district  as the science consultant for their Peer Assistance and Review program.  It has been an extremely busy, challenging and rewarding year for me.  

Aside from teaching I enjoy digital photography, fly fishing, producing electronic music, painting and being a dad.  I tend to spend most of my free time with my boys. Therefore, I also enjoy reading books, playing Thomas the Train, Hotwheels, Legos, reading more books,  soccer, fort building, kite flying, bike riding and pretty much anything that five year old boys love to do. There is nothing like reliving your youth and I find it is just as much fun the second time around.

I am very excited about the program this summer. I hope to learn about creating a computer network in my lab so I can do more "paperless" activities as well as view lab reports real time using an LCD projector.  I have seen this modeled in other science labs but lack the knowledge to get it going. I look forward to meeting you all.  

Jonathan

1 comment:

Steven Caringella said...

Jonathon,

It is great to meet you. I will be the facilitator for the elementary group this summer.

I totally agree with you about reliving childhood with your kids. You get to play with toys again. I have a three year old boy and a four month old boy. I am having fun with them now, and what you wrote makes me look forward to both boys being five!

Looking forward to a great summer with all of you. See you in July.

Steven Caringella