Hi all! My name is Maricela Rubio and I am currently completing my second year teaching at Laneview Elementary. For the past two years I have been an intern through San Jose State's SUP program and have been teaching first grade. This was a picture that was taken at my graduation just his May. This upcoming year, I will be leaving Laneview and moving to Cherrywood Elementary to teach fifth grade (which has been my dream position since I was a paraeducator at Laneview).
I enjoy many things, but one of my favorites (like most girls) is shopping! I have a BA and an MA in English literature, but unfortunately I am the English major that hates to read for fun...I have tried but I can't read without analyzing...slowly though I am getting into the habit of reading for fun. Hopefully this summer I will be able to read again and not worry about completing schoolwork. This summer I also plan to travel after the program is over, but I am not sure yet where I will be going...maybe New Orleans, or Yosemite, or Sunny So-Cal. Can't wait to meet you all soon.
2 comments:
Congrats grad. Enjoy your summer. I'm originally from Sunny So Cal and if you are going to be in the OC area, I can give you some tips. See you in July.
Maricela,
This is Steven. I will be your facilitator for the elementary group this summer. I am looking forward to meeting you in July.
I hope you are enjoying your summer so far. Congratulations on finishing up with school.
See you soon!
Post a Comment