Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Emily


hello there!

i'm emily - a fairly new bay area resident. originally from new york, however started my teaching in baltimore, maryland (where i attended college and some grad. school) i drove across the great US of A from the east coast last august and i now reside in san francisco, a city that i absolutely love love LOVE! i just completed my 4th year teaching. i began in the elementary levels ---teaching 4th grade for my first year before moving to 8th grade when i realized that i actually really enjoy teaching middle school! (crazy, i know!) since moving out to cali i became a teacher within the san carlos school district teaching 6th grade science --- and one section of P.E. so far, i have adjusted quite well to the west coast lifestyle (and weather!) and am pleased with my decision to move.

i enjoy smiling, traveling, eating, laughing, parks, shopping, beaches, eating, and spending some good ol' time on my couch with a nice glass of wine. i'm looking forward to this summer's merit program as a colleague of mine participated last year and only has good things to say about it!

see you all soon! :)


2 comments:

Kathleen Rooney said...

Hi Emily! Welcome to the Bay Area! I am from back east, too--I grew up in Connecticut. I came out here after college, left for a few years, and then came back again! Such a great place to live! Can't wait to meet you!
Kathleen

Steve McGriff said...

Emily, isn't it good to find a "fit" in a new city? San Francisco offers a rich cultural experience different from the East Coast, but equally as vital. So, welcome to California. I left California for three years ('99-'02) to complete doctoral coursework in Pennsylvania. I learned life east of the Mississippi is different than I had grown up with in California. It turns out those three years in a small town were some of the best life experiences!
See you soon, Steve