Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Linda Bauld



Hi eveyone! I am so excited to be part of this program and to learn new tech tools. I look forward to meeting you all and making more connections throughout the Bay Area.

I teach 5th grade at Sunnybrae School in San Mateo. This is my 17th year teaching, and I still love being with the kids. Each year brings a whole new set of challenges so I never get bored. Sunnybrae is a Primary Years Prep school, which is the elementary portion of the International Baccalaureate program. It is so exciting to teach in this program because we teach through inquiry, incorporating large units of study with an international focus.

A couple of years ago I achieved National Board Certification and the process changed me as a teacher. I serve as one of the support providers at Stanford for candidates pursuing certification. I love talking about it and sharing how great the process is for professional growth.

I love to exercise, hike, read, and meet friends for coffee. I'm running/walking the Bay to Breakers for the first time! My girlfriend and I turn 55 this year so we thought what the heck let's go for it! I climbed Half Dome before 50, Mt. Whitney before 52, so now I'm looking for my next challenge. Maybe Mt. Fuji or Mt. Shasta?? Anybody done either of those?

I look forward to hearing about everyone else! Have a great rest of your year. Linda

2 comments:

Nicole Poulin said...

I knew a couple teachers in Nogales, AZ who were working on their national cert. I commend you for completing it!!!

Steven Caringella said...

Linda,

This is Steven. I will be your facilitator this summer for the elementary cohort. I am looking forward to meeting you and working with you during MERIT.

I also love to hike, camp, and backpack, although I haven't been very much over the last couple of years. This summer I plan to take my three year old camping for the first time. If you liked Half Dome, I suggest Cloud's Rest in Yosemite, which looks down on Half Dome.

See you in July!

Steven