Tuesday, April 15, 2008

David Moore

To start, I am incredibly grateful and excitited to be involved in the KCI Merit Program. I am so looking forward to a great summer learning how to better reach our students!

I teach Kinesiology (think of P.E., but with a more cognitive based progressive approach) at Abbott Middle School in San Mateo, California. This is my third year, and I currently teach grades 6/7/8. I also serve as the districts' Athletic Director. Before teaching, I student taught and served as an instructional aide at Bayside Middle School (where another teacher-Josh Sheridan-in our program used to teach.) I am also currently pursuing my M.A. in Education at Cal. State Northridge. With what little resources I have, I try to implement technology into my curriculum as much as possible. From pedometers to PDA's, I do what I can. I am most proud of the website I created, check it out if you want: http://www.mooreball.net/

I was born and raised in South San Jose, and currently live in Sunnyvale with my wife Amber, 14 month old son Nolan, and our crazy Boston Terrier dog Kramer. We are also expecting a second boy in the middle of June, so I see some sleepy times ahead.



Again, I am really excited to be involved in this program for the next year. It will be fun to learn new ideas and get to build great relationships with passionate teachers.

3 comments:

LindaB said...

Hi David, I teach at Sunnybrae so what's up San Mateo!!! Looking forward to meeting you!

Dave Moore said...

Hi Linda - props to SMFC!!! See you in the summer.

mr sheridan said...

Hi David!
What a small world. I'm very happy where I am now, but I did learn a lot from my years at Bayside. It will be nice to work with such a great group of educators.

See you in the summer.
Josh