Sunday, July 6, 2008

Ethan Cheever

Hello everyone! My name is Ethan Cheever, I am the 7th grade science and social science teacher at Edison McNair Academy in East Palo Alto. This was my second year of full time teaching, and prior to that, I was a sub for about two and a half years in the Millbrae San Mateo area where I live.

Following high school, I went to San Jose State University for my BA in psychology, and I went back after a year's break to pursue my MA in Experimental Psychology. However, after nearly completing the degree, I decided that psychology was not the career path for me, and I switched to teaching, which I had done on the weekends for a very long time. I love teaching, and I love the interactions with the kids! The vacations are a nice perk too. :)

I am really excited about this program! I am looking forward to learning about how to use the internet, and especially media programs and technology that I can apply in a classroom. If there's one thing my time in East Palo Alto has taught me, it's that I need to be able to present information through more visual and hands on mediums. I look forward to meeting everyone soon! Take care!!

No comments: