Saturday, July 5, 2008

Erin McDonald


Sorry for the late post... technical difficulties... I guess it's good that I'm going to get some tech training! :)

Well where to start... I'm terribly fond of using ellipsis (I guess because I tend to type as I talk in one constant run on thought)... but I'm not terribly fond of talking about myself.

I graduated from Baylor University in Texas in 2004 with a degree in Education/History. I returned to California (I grew up here in the East Bay), and taught HS for a year in Alameda. My first experience wasn't all that I hoped it would be so I took some time off from teaching and worked for a year as a nanny (an awesome opportunity for travel), and then worked for a year and a half as a Personal Assistant to Joe Morgan (HOF player and ESPN sportscaster)... it was a terribly cool year and a half but I missed teaching.

So back to teaching I went, and this time to Middle School... last year I taught 6th grade history and 7th/8th grade Student Council in Belmont and LOVED every minute of it... I don't however love budget cuts. So now I'm going to be teaching 7th grade history in Pacifica. I'm really excited about the opportunity, but I'll miss my colleagues and above all else the kids!

I'm a huge history dork, love love love scrabble, dig movies and music and my tastes run the gamut, we (the fiance and I) are big concert goers (our living room is covered in Fillmore posters), and we are in the midst of planning our big shindig in November. We love our furbabies, Lola the yorkie-poo and our cats Shelby and Abby.

Oh yeah... and to top it off I'm in grad school... thought I'd dabble a bit in English.

I'm super excited about this program and can't wait to integrate everything I learn into my new classroom! Can't wait to meet y'all! :) Sorry for rambling a bit...

No comments: